Save Money While Improving Your Investment Property
Floridians who own beach houses along a coastline realize that they have captured a very special spot in this world.
Beachfront living means you’re just steps away from the water and all the amenities of a perpetual vacation, without all the packing, traffic, parking, settling in, and packing all over again. Having such a respite available any time of the year is a big deal, but spring and summer bring the height of good times as friends and family converge for the fun.
And while they are wonderful for entertaining, lounging, getting away from it all and creating wonderful memories, even these coveted residences require regular maintenance, repairs and upkeep, which can add up over the years.
If it’s time for you to make some renovations to freshen things up in your vacation home, and if you are handy with a few tools and don’t mind taking on some of these tasks yourself, you can save a substantial amount of money.
At Florida Farm Bureau Insurance, we know your vacation home is more than just a house, it’s your home away from home for making memories with loved ones. We can help you protect this cherished investment for years to come.
Do-It-Yourself Home Improvement Ideas
Here are some ideas that may inspire a few creative updates.
- 6 Easy DIY Home Decor Projects for Your Beach House: Features six lively ideas to freshen any room in your beach home using bright, cheerful color accents.
- “Endless Summer” Beach House Decor: Beach house ideas so pretty you may want to borrow some for your “other” house year-round!
- 5 Tips for Renovating Your Beach House: Includes practical and encouraging tips to freshen up your beach house (with an emphasis on bringing your own style to each decision), from a couple who has been there and done that.
- Creating an Outdoor Private Patio Oasis: Offers tips for making you outdoor areas as happy and inviting as the indoors.
- 14 Ideas for Designing a Small Bedroom: Except for the master bedroom, beach homes often have small bedrooms. Have fun repurposing yours with ideas from these creative rooms.
- How to Remove Wallpaper: Nothing dates a great beach house like wallpaper left over from the previous owner. See how to do this yourself!
- A Laundry Room Makeover with No Demo or Tools: a bland and messy small laundry gets a cheerful redo with some paint and a beach theme!
No matter what time of year you’re visiting your beach house, you always want it looking its best. Protect your investment by taking care of those maintenance issues before it’s too late.
Insure Your Vacation Home with Florida Farm Bureau Insurance
Protect the investment you’ve made in your beach house or vacation home by properly insuring its replacement value. Learn more about our high quality, affordable homeowners insurance for beach houses and second homes by contacting a local Florida Farm Bureau Insurance agent. Get started by using our Agent Finder.