#1043 Office Claims Representative
SUMMARY: Resolve property damage and injury claims caused by or incurred by insureds. This includes verifying coverage, determining liability, evaluating damages and affecting a settlement with the parties involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze policy contracts to determine coverage.
- Negotiate fair settlement with insured, third-party claimants and/or legal representatives and issue payment.
- Collect settlement documents and prepare status reports for file documentation.
- Investigate the facts surrounding the claim by using various types of communication such as telephone, mail, email, and other means available to determine liability.
- Prepare status reports to the District Claims Manager and/or Office Claims Supervisor in a timeline designated by those individuals.
- Assist in catastrophe claims operations as needed.
- Attend training sessions to gain the skills and ability to perform the functions of a Claims Representative.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university is preferred, or combination of college and previous claims experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must possess or obtain FL Adjuster’s License after employment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE