#1027 Inside Claims Representative
SUMMARY: Responsible for handling all assigned claims to a proper conclusion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Investigate, validate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle all claims as assigned.
• Maintain claim files and follow departmental reporting procedures.
• Submit reserve recommendations on assigned claims.
• Communicate with customers and other Claims personnel regarding procedures, problems, and coverages.
• Enroll in training and continuing education courses when and where required.
• Negotiate fair settlements with individual claimants or attorneys.
• Report risk reviews to Underwriting Department.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
• Obtain Adjuster’s license in 6 months
• Strong Verbal communication & listening skills
• Effective negotiation skills
• Effective conflict management skills
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
• Possesses strong product knowledge
• Ability to influence internal and/or external constituent
• Possesses strong technical aptitude
• Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE