#1018 Claims Representative – Brooksville, Hernando/Citrus County
SUMMARY: Responsible for handling all multi-line claims in assigned territory to a proper conclusion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Investigate, validate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle all claims as assigned.
• Submit reserve recommendations on assigned claims.
• Communicate with the public regarding procedures, problems, and coverages.
• Negotiate fair settlement with individual claimants or Attorneys.
• Maintain claim files and follow departmental reporting procedures.
• Report risk reviews to the Underwriting department.
• Participate in training and continuing education courses as requested or required.
• Prepare estimates on auto and property losses.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
• Obtain Adjuster’s license in 6 months
• Strong Verbal communication & listening skills
• Effective negotiation skills
• Effective conflict management skills
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
• Possesses strong product knowledge
• Ability to influence internal and/or external constituent
• Possesses strong technical aptitude
• Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE