#1016 Communications Manager
Do you have a passion for telling agriculture’s story? We are looking for a communications professional to help craft the stories of Florida farmers and ranchers.
• The Communications Manager will manage the Florida Farm Bureau’s media and public relations strategy including news content and placement across multiple communication platforms to reach local, regional, and national markets.
• Responsible for providing consultation to county Farm Bureau volunteer members on communications and media relations strategy.
• The assistant director manages a statewide recognition program for the environmental stewardship of farmers and ranchers and is responsible for building relationships with organizations, public agencies and the media to help tell the sustainability story of agriculture.
• Outstanding and effective writing and editing skills
• Proactively pitches positive stories and engages with media
• Seasoned social media strategist with proven experience in developing content across digital platforms
• Reviews media requests and responds in a timely manner
• Ambition to introduce new storytelling approaches and lead the way in delivering a branded and unified message in support of farmers and rancher members.
• Knowledge of news media monitoring systems, such as Cision preferred.
• Ability to create and manage a budget
• Oversees and trains department staff as needed on projects and day-to-day communication needs
• Oversees project content calendar and collaborates with departments on production of materials
• Four-year college degree (major study in journalism, public relations or related discipline preferred)
• Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (experience with desktop publishing programs preferred)
• A basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs
• Skill in placing and editing text, photographs and other data using WordPress
• Advanced ability to use Social Media platforms
• Superior interpersonal relationship skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of emerging media
• A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
Must be able to travel within the state or elsewhere.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
No Phones Calls Please