#1014 Special Investigator
SUMMARY: Investigate claims involving fire/casualty losses in order to establish cause and origin of loss as well as identify losses with
subrogation potential. Also assist in investigation of suspected fraud claims.
- Assist with coordination with defense counsel in preparation of files for examinations under oath. Attend where needed
and assist in preparation of defense.
- Assist with coordination of investigation of all claims assigned by working with the local Claims Representative(s), Claims
Management, outside experts and others as needed.
- Investigate suspicious and/or questionable claims referred by SIU Manager.
- Identify and interview witnesses, insureds, police, fire departments, medical facilities, financial institutions, employers,
licensing and civil authorities.
- Identify fraudulent or criminal activity and those responsible for such activity including arson, automobile accident
schemes, personal injury schemes, staged burglary/theft fraud, etc.
- Maintain a potentially fraudulent claim investigation from assignment through sworn statements to possible prosecution
- Conduct training of Claims staff in the area of fraud investigation
- Pursue additional training and education to achieve and retain certifications
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 4 years minimum of previous claims experience or extensive background in firer or fraud investigation required
• Strong Verbal communication & listening skills
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism
• Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Adjuster License required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must attain the CFI and or CFEI or CIFI and or CFE designation within a designated timeframe
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE