#0981 Office Claims Rep
SUMMARY: Resolve property damage and injury claims caused by or incurred by insureds. This includes verifying coverage, determining liability, evaluating damages and affecting a settlement with the parties involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze policy contracts to determine coverage.
- Negotiate fair settlement with insured, third party claimants and/or legal representatives and issue payment.
- Collect settlement documents and prepare status reports for file documentation.
- Investigate the facts surrounding the claim by using various types of communication such as telephone, mail, email, and other means available to determine liability.
- Prepare status reports to the District Claims Manager and/or Office Claims Supervisor in a timeline designated by those individuals.
- Assist in catastrophe claims operations as needed.
- Attend training sessions to gain the skills and ability to perform the functions of a Claims Representative..
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university Preferred
- Combination of college and previous claims experience may be substituted for degree
- Adjuster license, or obtain within 6 months.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong verbal communication, listening skills and effective negotiation skills. Friendly and service-oriented.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities. Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure and must be thorough and dependable and have the ability to solve practical problems and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE