#0969 Accounting Specialist lll
SUMMARY: Perform a variety of assignments in the areas of accounts payable, fixed assets, accounts receivable and expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, and substantiates business transactions.
• Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts.
• Create new reports as needed on spreadsheet software with little guidance or instruction.
• Utilize accounting software to prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records to include fixed assets; may include preparation of journal entries.
• Perform detailed account and bank statement reconciliations.
• Audit purchase orders, invoices and credit memos to establish charges or authorize changes to accounts.
• Assist Accountants with month end balancing of sub-systems to the general ledger; including performing various reasonableness tests of some of the output from sub-system.
• Facilitate communication between other departments and Accounting to resolve challenges crossing departmental lines
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned..
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of accuracy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma required, Associate degree in Accounting Preferred, certificate in General insurance Preferred with 4 years relatable experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial date
- demonstrated analytical skills
- demonstrated written communication skills
- demonstrated time management & priority setting skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products with an emphasis on Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more. Use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects/and or operated equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE