#0960 – Accounting Specialist III
SUMMARY: Perform a variety of assignments in the areas of accounts payable, fixed assets, accounts receivable and expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, and substantiates business transactions.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts.
- Create new reports as needed on spreadsheet software with little guidance or instruction.
- Utilize accounting software to prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records to include fixed assets; may include preparation of journal entries.
- Perform detailed account and bank statement reconciliations.
- Audit purchase orders, invoices and credit memos to establish charges or authorize changes to accounts
- Assist Accountants with month end balancing of sub-systems to the general ledger; including performing various reasonableness tests of some of the output from sub-system
- Facilitate communication between other departments and Accounting to resolve challenges crossing departmental lines.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4 years minimum of relatable experience preferred
H.S. Diploma Required
Associate’s Degree Majoring in Accounting Preferred
Other Certificate in General Insurance Preferred
Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
Demonstrated analytical skills
Demonstrated written communication skills
Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
Other Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear, perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more and use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operate equipment.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE