#0949 WAN Analyst, Senior
Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Company is seeking a professional WAN Analyst. Under limited supervision, assist in design, acquisition, installation, maintenance and usage of Company’s wide area network. Manage Network performance and maintain Network security. Provide advanced technical support to network or systems users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Install, configure and support internal and/or external networks, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and VOIP systems.
- Maintain all security and network configurations for Cisco and Cisco Meraki equipment.
- Diagnose network performance and/or outage issues and coordinate with service providers for problem resolution.
- Understand network devices, protocols and architectures.
- Recommend upgrades, patches and new applications and equipment.
- Maintain documentation for network equipment.
- Provide advanced technical support and guidance to end users for switch related issues.
- Works with telecom vendors to facilitate data communications.
- May assist in training and development of other personnel when and where requested.
- Involved with the development and maintenance of the Company’s business continuity plan.
- Night call may be required.
- Additional hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with preference given to those with a GPA of 2.8 and higher along with 5+ years of hands on experience with Cisco products in a commercial production environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Possess strong verbal communication and listening skills, and have demonstrated written communication skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and quickly trouble shoo and resolve problems. Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE