#0931 Claims Assistant II
SUMMARY: Perform duties for assigned claims districts including maintaining statistical data and file material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare incoming daily mail for imaging and index to appropriate claim.
- Answer telephone and routes call to appropriate person.
- Record payments or request payments as needed.
- Order police reports for Claims Adjuster as required.
- Proofread dictation, complete instructions, place letters on District Claims Manager’s desk for signing before mailing.
- Record statistical data as required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma is required
- 1 Year Prior Claims Assistant experience
- Must have completed INTRO Insurance course
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Demonstrates a high level to quality
- Highly thorough and dependable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping or carrying of light objects. The employee frequently is required to perform continuous operations of personal computer for four hours or more and use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
No phone calls, please.