#0930 Office Claims Rep
SUMMARY: Resolve property damage and injury claims caused by or incurred by insureds. This includes verifying coverage, determining liability, evaluating damages and affecting a settlement with the parties involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze policy contracts to determine coverage.
- Negotiate fair settlement with insured, third party claimants and/or legal representatives and issue payment.
- Collect settlement documents and prepare status reports for file documentation.
- Investigate the facts surrounding the claim by using various types of communication such as telephone, mail, email, and other means available to determine liability.
- Prepare status reports to the District Claims Manager and/or Office Claims Supervisor in a timeline designated by those individuals.
- Assist in catastrophe claims operations as needed.
- Attend training sessions to gain the skills and ability to perform the functions of a Claims Representative.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university is preferred, or combination of college and previous claims experience may be substituted for degree
- Must possess or obtain FL Adjuster’s License after employment
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping or carrying of light objects. The employee frequently is required to perform continuous operations of personal computer for four hours or more and use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
Please send your resume to:
No phone calls, please.