#0924 Software Developer, Intermediate
Under limited supervision, design, code, test and analyze software programs and applications. Analyze and amend errors in a timely and accurate fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform program maintenance for moderate complexity projects..
- Occasionally perform analysis and develop specifications on less complex projects.
- Test applications and features to ensure work is free from defects before sending to end users for final approval.
- Assist in providing technical support to various application systems; troubleshooting, analyzing issues and correcting problems.
- Report to management on project status as requested.
- Develop relationships with end users and other IT personnel.
- Prepare and/or update documentation according to department standards.
- May provide guidance to associate software developers.
- Night call may be required. Additional hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is required and 1 to 3 years programming experience is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated problem solving skills, analytical skills and strong verbal communication and listening skills. Ability to articulate and be responsive to colleagues and promote information sharing. Must be highly logical, self-motivated and directed. Have keen attention to detail and be technically proficient. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment and have the ability to work both independently and in a team oriented collaborative environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects. Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more, use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operate equipment and occasionally will need to perform unaided lifting of objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.