#0922 Inside Claims Representative
SUMMARY: Responsible for handling all assigned claims to a proper conclusion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Investigate, validate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle all claims as assigned.
- Maintain claim files and follow departmental reporting procedures.
- Submit reserve recommendations on assigned claims.
- Communicate with customers and other Claims personnel regarding procedures, problems, and coverages.
- Enroll in training and continuing education courses when and where required.
- Negotiate fair settlements with individual claimants or attorneys.
- Report risk reviews to Underwriting Department.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university is required
- Must possess or obtain FL Adjuster’s License after employment
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Possess strong product knowledge and technical aptitude
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks
- Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping or carrying of light objects. The employee frequently is required to perform continuous operations of personal computer for four hours or more and use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
No phone calls, please.