#0919 Maintenance Carpenter
Maintain building and grounds, making repairs as needed. Responsibilities include carpentry, plumbing, masonry, wall covering and remodeling. Must ensure tasks are conforming to local building codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Changes air filters and belts and makes necessary repairs to equipment.
- Cleans coils and lubricates AHU as well as other equipment.
- Maintains wall coverings, plumbing, masonry and electrical components for the organization’s premises.
- Paints doors, equipment and floors.
- Assists in remodeling of building.
- Participates in moving furniture and equipment on premises.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma required and one-year certificate from college or technical school with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a facilities environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Working knowledge of Commercial HVAC equipment and standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, stand, carry, push, pull, climb stoop, and balance. The employee is frequently required to kneed, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, and should have eye/hand/foot coordination.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.