#0914 Accounting Manager
Supervise operational Accounting functions and prepare or review and approve financial statements, tax returns, and other accounting reports for assigned companies, and provide assistance to financial department head.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of assigned companies.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Supervise accounting function(s) related to fixed assets.
- Advise management regarding issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Supervise clerical staff and/or Senior, Lead, and Staff Accountants.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk ownership responsibilities to be conducted as assigned.
- Monitor and control all facets of Agent compensation and oversee deposit processing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting is required.
- CPA is required or additional experience may be considered in lieu of CPA requirement.
- 5-7 years of increasingly challenging experience.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Must have demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Must have demonstrated analytical skills and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
- Must have the ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Must have the Ability to lead/manage others.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and to perform continuous operations of a personal computer for four hours or more.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is typical for a business office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.
Please send your resume to:
No phone calls, please.