#0908 Policy Services Manager
Plan, direct, and coordinate overall activities of Policy Services Department. Responsible for overall operation of Policy Services Department. This includes planning, control and organization of resources to process business for all lines; supervising issuance and mailings of policies; generating premium billing and renewals; and ensuring the highest level of customer service is attained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Develop, implement, and monitor Departmental policies and procedures. Oversee all supervisory responsibilities of personnel; interviewing, terminating when required, training, planning, directing work, appraising performance, awards/recognition, disciplinary actions, and resolving issues as they arise.
- Act as liaison between Policy Services Department and other departments.
- Oversee development and testing of automated systems and revisions to new systems.
- Perform Project Management responsibilities as assigned.
- Represent Company as expert witness in litigation if needed. Assist handling inquiries and complaints from the Department of Insurance.
- Develop Departmental budget.
- Participate in training meetings, Company audits, and conferences; any of which may include travel.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk ownership responsibilities to be conducted as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- CPCU is preferred
- 5-7 years of relatable experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Must have demonstrated analytical skills.
- Must have ability to lead/manage others.
- Must be able to effectively coach and deliver constructive feedback.
- Must instill commitment to organizational goals.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and to perform continuous operations of a personal computer for four hours or more.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is typical for a business office.