#0906 Staff Accountant
Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Company is seeking an accomplished a staff accountant which is an entry level Accountant responsible for performing assigned Accounting functions by applying basic Accounting practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for assigned companies.
- Prepare wide variety of accounting reports.
- Assist in preparation of various ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing year end reports as well as yea rend balancing and verification procedures.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry issues and developments having direct impact on Accounting Department and the organization as a whole.
- Participate in specialized studies or projects, as requested or required.
- Perform research pertaining to a variety of accounting data.
- Assist with audits as requested or required.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE: Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Relatable experience preferred. CPA designation preferred. Ability to analyze and interpret financial date, and to drive multiple project to successful completion. Demonstrate analytical skills, written communication skill, time management, and priority setting skills, excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; while using their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.