#0905 Financial Director
Responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and controlling all activities of the Finance/Accounting function, including preparation of financial statements. Work with the VP Treasurer to assist in the enterprise finance functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Oversee and direct budgeting, audit, tax, accounting and purchasing activities.
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel management for the Accounting Department, including hiring, training, evaluations, coaching, counseling and termination of employment when necessary
- Direct the provision and direction of procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Analyze, consolidate, and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports. Appraise Company’s financial position and issue periodic financial and operating reports.
- Work with the Vice President Treasurer to assist in the preparation of necessary financial information.
- Work with the Vice President Treasurer to develop and implement financial systems and processes across the enterprise
- Oversee and analyze studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk ownership responsibilities to be conducted as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA is strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of experience is preferred with challenging and relatable experience.
- CPCU designation is preferred.
- Associate in Insurance and Finance Certification (AIAF) is preferred
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Must have demonstrated analytical skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Must have excellent time management skills.