#0903 Senior Accountant
Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Company is seeking an accomplished Senior Accountant to assist accounting department management in the preparation of various financial statements, tax returns, and a variety of accounting reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end statements and financial reports
- Reconcile and analyze ledger accounts
- Perform all accounting and related reporting for the Investment portfolio(s)
- Facilitate communication between departments and Accounting to resolve challenges crossing departmental lines.
- Handle all aspects of Agent compensation, yearend reporting, and 1099s.
- Remain up to date with industry issues and developments which may have direct impact on the department or the organization as a whole.
- Participate in the development and implementation of accounting systems when and where requested.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE: Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3-5 years related experience. CPA designation preferred. Candidate should be familiar with accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. Strong time management, interpersonal and organizational skills necessary. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word and familiarity with general ledger accounting packages.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: (Initial language – please modify according to info. supplied) Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; while using their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.