Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Company is seeking an accomplished Underwriter to review insurance applications, policy changes and renewals to evaluate, classify, set rates, accept, modify or reject coverage. To ensures that Company underwriting guidelines and procedures are followed and you will be responsible for an assigned area/district.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Including the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Reviews and evaluates applications, policy changes and renewals to verify compliance with guidelines and acceptability and that reflect sound underwriting judgment
- Examines documents, forms, reports and maps to determine degree of risk and to make proper underwriting decisions.
- Communicates with field representatives, agents and insureds to obtain further information, quote rates, and explain company policies.
- Re-underwrites existing policies as needed and assigns modifications or non-renewals.
- Monitors loss ratios with in assigned area/district.
- Initiates field audits, surveys and inspections and implements appropriate decisions.
- Attends and participates in various meetings, conferences and seminars. Maintains adequate work flow. Verifies pictures for reinspection program, reviews property reinspections to verify insurability of property and if any policy changes need to be made.
- Assists in Loss Review Program, updating underwriting manuals and procedures and training other underwriters.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/ EXPERIENCE: Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years related experience in business/insurance.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply moderately complex mathematical concepts. Ability to work with mathematical operations related to daily tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the essential duties, responsibilities and requirements of personnel.